Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment
Fit-up of 60,000 square feet of offices, meeting rooms, boardrooms, cafeteria, training facilities and new elevator service for Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment.
We successfully completed the three phase office fit-up that saw more than 300 employees relocated to temporary offices during six months of construction. The office tower is integrated into the existing Air Canada Centre which brought about highly complex mechanical and electrical issues that we successfully managed.
OUR ROLEComing on board during the concept stage allowed us to provide the following services:
- Negotiated the lease agreement
- Developed the conceptual budget
- Coordinated user meetings and developed a functional program
- Led the design development and tender document preparation
- Coordinated tendering, selection and procurement of office system furniture
- Provided value engineering services throughout the duration of the project to ensure it stayed within budget
OUR KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Consistent delivery of each phase of the project, on time and on budget
- Took an active approach in providing design solutions to complement the work of the appointed consultants
- Achieved savings of 5% of overall project costs by shifting the project contract strategy from a cost-plus basis to a lump sum basis
- Negotiated consulting service agreements resulting in savings of 25% based on standard industry rates